The Albus Hotel Amsterdam is open for our guests. We are constantly monitoring the latest developments for your safety and ours. Our employees are very careful about following the Dutch governments’ regulations regarding COVID-19. We will help you where we can.
Of course you have questions:
Can I cancel my reservation (free of charge)?
These are uncertain times and we are here to help. If there are (travel) restrictions caused by the Covid-19 virus that makes it impossible to stay in our hotel: YOU CAN MODIFY YOUR BOOKING WITHOUT CHARGES IF IT WAS MADE AFTER 10 MARCH AND ARRIVED UNTIL 31 AUGUST 2021.
Our normal sales conditions apply to every reservation with arrival after August 31st 2021. You will find the conditions that apply to you in the confirmation that you have received from us or from the travel agent with whom you have booked. For the general terms and conditions of sale, please refer to the General Terms and Conditions of Sale on the website.
Is the Albus open?
The Albus hotel is open for overnight stays or renting a study for people who cannot work from home.
What measures has the Albus taken?
Quite a lot and we have divided them into guidelines for our guests, employees, hotel, restaurant and kitchen.
General guidelines for guests:
- Keep 1.5 meters away from other guests and employees.
- Stay at home if you have a cold or flu.
- The Albus Hotel can refuse guests if they suspect colds and/or flu complaints.
- Everybody is obligated to wear a facemask in all public areas
- Always follow the directions of the staff.
- Thoroughly disinfect your hands upon entry.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using the toilet.
- Pay contactless (pin or mobile).
- Room service products are delivered to the front door of the Hotelroom, without physical contact
- If you do not comply with the 1.5m rules of The Albus Hotel and/or the applicable 1.5m rules of the government, access to The Albus Hotel can be denied.
General guidelines for employees:
- If our staff have a cold or flu symptoms; they stay at home and don't come to work.
- Explain the hygiene rules and the procedure to guests when checking in or taking the order.
- Keep a distance of 1.5m as much as possible, both in the areas where only the catering staff (e.g. the kitchen) comes and in the areas where guests also come.
- Notify guests and colleagues if the rules are not followed.
- Work exclusively with reservations.
- Upon receipt, a check-up must take place to assess whether there are health risks (is/are the guest/guests having a cold and/or do they have flu complaints?). If so, access must be refused.
- If there are no health risks, guide guests to the reception at an appropriate distance.
- Have all guests wash their hands upon entering (a hand sanitizing gel).
- Room attendants only enter rooms after the guests have left.
- Thoroughly clean tables, chairs, and menus when guests have left the lounge area.
- Make use of contactless, means such as pin or credit card, during checkout.
- We work exclusively with reservations.
- Upon receipt, a check-up is taken place to assess whether there are health risks. If so, access must be refused.
- If there are no health risks, we guide guests to their table at an appropriate distance.
- All guests have to wash their hands upon entering (with a hand sanitizing gel).
- We keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between the table.
- More than 2 persons at one table are only allowed if this concerns persons who form a joint household.
- We thoroughly clean tables, chairs, and menus when guests have left the restaurant.
- We make use of contactless means such as pin or credit card during checkout.
- Workplaces are located 1.5 meters apart.
- Our employees have a daily health check with the employer before starting work and are found to be healthy.
- Avoid permanent cross lines in the kitchen so that colleagues do not come within 1.5 meters of each other.
- Employees wash their hands at least every 30 minutes in accordance with RIVM regulations. Work surfaces should be cleaned every hour.
The basis is that everyone uses their common sense and observes the 1.5 meters in addition to personal hygiene.